One person killed in an auto-pedestrian collision in Spanish Fork
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 49-year-old man died Tuesday after being run over by a semi, following an auto-pedestrian accident in Spanish Fork.
According to Spanish Fork emergency personnel, the incident occurred at Canyon Creek Parkway and Highway 6 at 11:31 a.m.
Witnesses told police that a semi was attempting to make a right-hand turn from 1000 North to travel east on Highway 6.
Police say the victim was riding a bicycle from north to south when he rode into the rear tires of the semi. He was knocked off his bike. Police say the victim was then run over by the semi. The victim was transported to an area hospital where he passed away from his injuries.
The 63-year-old driver of the semi was not injured and is cooperating with authorities in the investigation.
As a result of the investigation and lane restrictions, there was heavy traffic in this part of Highway 6.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- UHP investigating 9-car chain reaction crash involving a Spanish Fork fire engine
- Spanish Fork leaders deliver valentines to 4,000 high school students
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process