One person killed in an auto-pedestrian collision in Spanish Fork
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 49-year-old man died Tuesday after being run over by a semi, following an auto-pedestrian accident in Spanish Fork.
According to Spanish Fork emergency personnel, the incident occurred at Canyon Creek Parkway and Highway 6 at 11:31 a.m.
Witnesses told police that a semi was attempting to make a right-hand turn from 1000 North to travel east on Highway 6.
Police say the victim was riding a bicycle from north to south when he rode into the rear tires of the semi. He was knocked off his bike. Police say the victim was then run over by the semi. The victim was transported to an area hospital where he passed away from his injuries.
The 63-year-old driver of the semi was not injured and is cooperating with authorities in the investigation.
As a result of the investigation and lane restrictions, there was heavy traffic in this part of Highway 6.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- UHP investigating 9-car chain reaction crash involving a Spanish Fork fire engine
- Spanish Fork leaders deliver valentines to 4,000 high school students
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital