North- and southbound I-15 reopen at Parrish Lane after downed powerline, crashes
CENTERVILLE, Utah — All lanes of southbound I-15 have reopened near Parrish Lane in Centerville after a downed powerline set off a string of accidents, sending at least one person to the hospital. Both directions were closed for about 90 minutes.
To stay up to date on future traffic issues, click here to download the KSL NewsRadio app.
Around 4:11 a.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported that a powerline was hanging down near Parrish Lane. It appears that a semi-truck, traveling on southbound I-15 and approaching Parrish Lane, struck the powerline. The semi-truck, carrying a container, crashed and overturned. Hazmat crews were soon on the scene for clean-up.
The downed powerline was affecting FrontRunner and delayed both north and southbound trains by 15 to 30 minutes.
#FrontRunner Alert 6:31 AM: Expect a delay of 15-30 minutes northbound and southbound from Ogden to Provo Stations and at all points in between due to a non-related UTA power outage.
— Utah Transit Authority – UTA (@RideUTA) May 9, 2022
The truck then struck the median sending some pieces of the concrete barrier into the northbound lanes. Debris damaged a number of cars traveling northbound.
A Union Pacific train also struck the downed powerline.
Utah Highway Patrol initially reported no injuries, but in an update later Monday morning, the South Davis Metro Fire Department said one person went to the hospital for treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour