North- and southbound I-15 reopen at Parrish Lane after downed powerline, crashes
CENTERVILLE, Utah — All lanes of southbound I-15 have reopened near Parrish Lane in Centerville after a downed powerline set off a string of accidents, sending at least one person to the hospital. Both directions were closed for about 90 minutes.
To stay up to date on future traffic issues, click here to download the KSL NewsRadio app.
Around 4:11 a.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported that a powerline was hanging down near Parrish Lane. It appears that a semi-truck, traveling on southbound I-15 and approaching Parrish Lane, struck the powerline. The semi-truck, carrying a container, crashed and overturned. Hazmat crews were soon on the scene for clean-up.
The downed powerline was affecting FrontRunner and delayed both north and southbound trains by 15 to 30 minutes.
#FrontRunner Alert 6:31 AM: Expect a delay of 15-30 minutes northbound and southbound from Ogden to Provo Stations and at all points in between due to a non-related UTA power outage.
— Utah Transit Authority – UTA (@RideUTA) May 9, 2022
The truck then struck the median sending some pieces of the concrete barrier into the northbound lanes. Debris damaged a number of cars traveling northbound.
A Union Pacific train also struck the downed powerline.
Utah Highway Patrol initially reported no injuries, but in an update later Monday morning, the South Davis Metro Fire Department said one person went to the hospital for treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Watch a preview of the star-studded “Princess Bride” remake