UPDATED: Suspect arrested in Salt Lake City fatal stabbing
SALT LAKE CITY – UPDATE: Detectives assigned to SLCPD’s Homicide Squad received suspect information and located his residence in Salt Lake City. The suspect, 36-year-old Kevin Neal, was arrested and transported to Salt Lake County Metro Jail. He was booked on charges of Murder and Obstruction of Justice. The victim was identified as 34-year-old Trevor Bellaccomo.
Neal attacked Bellaccomo shortly after Bellaccomo arrived at an entertainment venue. After being stabbed multiple times, Bellaccomo walked to 1650 South State Street before collapsing and losing consciousness.
ORIGINAL COVERAGE: Police received reports of a stabbing victim at 1650 South State Street at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival, officers located a man in critical condition.
Paramedics transported the victim to the hospital where he died despite immediate life-saving efforts performed on scene and at the hospital.
No arrests have been made and there is no suspect information at this time. The events leading up to the fatal stabbing are still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Temporary stay issued for Utah’s trigger law
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- AP sources: At least 40 people found dead in back of tractor trailer
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Semi-truck transporting over 200 beehives rolls over on I-80
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho