Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
Update 5/17/2022: South Salt Lake Animal Services posted on its Facebook page Monday that Malin’s surgery and medical expenses were covered through donations.
An earlier post said that Malin’s surgery went well.
Our previous coverage:
SALT LAKE CITY — On Sunday South Salt Lake Animal Services reported that a 2-month-old dog was thrown from a car.
The dog, named Malin, meaning “warrior” or “strong, little warrior,” sustained two broken back legs and two rib fractures from the incident.
Helping Malin heal
Malin will need multiple surgeries for her injuries. South Salt Lake Animal Services is hoping to raise funds to make that possible.
“We would love to help her heal and then find her the best home where all she will know is love,” South Salt Lake Animal Services said in the Facebook post. “This little lady has had a lot of trauma in short time here but she deserves a chance and love.”
According to the Facebook post, South Salt Lake Animal Services will be open at 9 a.m. on Monday. It is hoping to raise funds to support Malin’s surgeries.
- DWR asking Utahns to keep dogs on a leash while in the outdoors
- US animal shelters are filling up
- Bounty Paper Towels is covering Best Friends’ adoption fees
- Avian flu in Utah causes worry in pet owners
- Cat stolen from Salt Lake PetSmart found hours later at a store in Murray
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend