Semi rollover near Vernal blocks all lanes of US-40
UINTAH COUNTY — Lanes on US-40 near Vernal were blocked for a time Monday evening due to a semi rollover, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The UHP says the semi was hauling sand and it drifted off the road at 6:55 p.m. As the driver was correcting, the back overturned onto the passenger side, according to the UHP. It skidded roughly 300 feet near mile post 138, four miles west of Vernal.
The driver was transported to an area hospital in stable condition for treatment of minor injuries. The semi is blocking all lanes of traffic, the UHP says the highway should be closed for 90 minutes. No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Lanes blocked on US-40 for a semi rollover near milepost 38 in Uintah County. All lanes blocked for at least 60 minutes. Minor injuries reported. pic.twitter.com/utWMx1EgQu
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 17, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort