West Valley City shooting leaves child in critical condition
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police received reports of shots fired at around 10 p.m. Saturday at 3100 South 4800 West in West Valley City.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found a child with a gunshot wound. The child was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Lieutenant Steve Beardshall said that it seemed to be an “accidental incident.” Police are investigating everything at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Utah particle pollution improves, ozone worsens in lung report
- New eligibility guidelines for Pandemic-EBT