In wake of Texas shooting, a reminder of the SafeUT app
The SafeUT app is a crisis chat and tip line that provides real-time crisis assistance for students, parents, and educators. The assistance is offered through a live chat right from a smartphone.
University of Utah Health issued the following statement, regarding Tuesday’s shooting.
“We are deeply saddened and heartbroken to learn about the devastating tragedy that occurred at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas on Tuesday May 24th. Our thoughts are with the victims’ families and community.
“We want to raise awareness of this situation and remind you the SAFE UT app is a no-cost resource available to students, parents/guardians, and educators throughout Utah. If you hear or see something concerning, use the apps tip feature to submit a confidential tip.
“As with any tip we receive, our team of counselors work with school administrators and law enforcement as necessary.
“With any threat, immediately reporting concerns to SafeUT and proper authorities ensures the information gets to someone who can investigate it. “When we receive multiple tips about the same topics, it shows the community is working together and that students, parents/guardians, and educators are not assuming someone else has reported the possible threat.
“The entire SafeUT team greatly appreciates the collaboration with schools throughout Utah. We can come together to save lives.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’