In wake of Texas shooting, a reminder of the SafeUT app
The SafeUT app is a crisis chat and tip line that provides real-time crisis assistance for students, parents, and educators. The assistance is offered through a live chat right from a smartphone.
University of Utah Health issued the following statement, regarding Tuesday’s shooting.
“We are deeply saddened and heartbroken to learn about the devastating tragedy that occurred at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas on Tuesday May 24th. Our thoughts are with the victims’ families and community.
“We want to raise awareness of this situation and remind you the SAFE UT app is a no-cost resource available to students, parents/guardians, and educators throughout Utah. If you hear or see something concerning, use the apps tip feature to submit a confidential tip.
“As with any tip we receive, our team of counselors work with school administrators and law enforcement as necessary.
“With any threat, immediately reporting concerns to SafeUT and proper authorities ensures the information gets to someone who can investigate it. “When we receive multiple tips about the same topics, it shows the community is working together and that students, parents/guardians, and educators are not assuming someone else has reported the possible threat.
“The entire SafeUT team greatly appreciates the collaboration with schools throughout Utah. We can come together to save lives.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- New scam in Duchesne County includes threat on life of a family member
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District