CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
PROVO, Utah — Utah County Attorney David Leavitt filed murder charges in two separate cases on Wednesday, according to a press release.
Utah County murder charges
Hunter Ryan Lamoreaux has been charged with one count of murder, a first-degree felony, in connection to the death of Gregory Shaffer in Springville on May 21.
Currently, Lamoreaux is being held in the Utah County Jail without bail. He was taken into custody at the Springville Police Department after requesting to speak with police.
This case is still under investigation.
“Our office reviewed the evidence provided to make a determination on the charges we are seeking against the accused. Additional matters are under investigation as we bring this case to trial,” said Leavitt said in a press release.
Gage Anthony Dinehart has been charged with one count of murder in connection with the death of Nicki Peterson, of Pleasant Grove, on May 19.
“The answer to conflicts, domestic challenges, and struggle is not with a gun. I plead with all – even with seemingly insurmountable challenges – to seek help to resolve such conflicts. Every life is valued. There is far too much escalation that is futile, and yet the results are permanent,” Leavitt said in a press release.
- Utah County Attorney David Leavitt has dire prediction about Putin, Ukraine
- Utah County attorney will no longer seek death penalty
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County