Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
PROVO, Utah — Utah County Attorney David Leavitt filed murder charges in two separate cases on Wednesday, according to a press release.
Utah County murder charges
Hunter Ryan Lamoreaux has been charged with one count of murder, a first-degree felony, in connection to the death of Gregory Shaffer in Springville on May 21.
Currently, Lamoreaux is being held in the Utah County Jail without bail. He was taken into custody at the Springville Police Department after requesting to speak with police.
This case is still under investigation.
“Our office reviewed the evidence provided to make a determination on the charges we are seeking against the accused. Additional matters are under investigation as we bring this case to trial,” said Leavitt said in a press release.
Gage Anthony Dinehart has been charged with one count of murder in connection with the death of Nicki Peterson, of Pleasant Grove, on May 19.
“The answer to conflicts, domestic challenges, and struggle is not with a gun. I plead with all – even with seemingly insurmountable challenges – to seek help to resolve such conflicts. Every life is valued. There is far too much escalation that is futile, and yet the results are permanent,” Leavitt said in a press release.
- Utah County Attorney David Leavitt has dire prediction about Putin, Ukraine
- Utah County attorney will no longer seek death penalty
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success