Salt Lake Police search for F-150 driver involved in fatal hit-and-run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is searching for an alleged hit-and-run driver who they say fled the scene of a crash that claimed the life of a 28-year-old man trapped inside his car at the intersection of Redwood Rd. and California Ave.
A press release states the investigation began around 10:11 p.m. Friday night, June 3, 2022, with a call to 9-1-1. Officers were dispatched to the scene, finding the victim with critical injuries. The report states life-saving measures were attempted, but the victim died at the scene.
Investigators say the crash disabled both the car and pick-up. Witnesses told police the driver of what appears to be a white Ford F-150 got out of the truck and ran away.
Officers quickly secured the area and started looking for the driver of the Ford F-150.
Despite those search efforts, the driver remains unaccounted for. Anyone who has information on the that person’s name, location or this case should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-104677.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- AEGIX Aim: Could this app be helpful during a school shooting?