Salt Lake Police search for F-150 driver involved in fatal hit-and-run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is searching for an alleged hit-and-run driver who they say fled the scene of a crash that claimed the life of a 28-year-old man trapped inside his car at the intersection of Redwood Rd. and California Ave.
A press release states the investigation began around 10:11 p.m. Friday night, June 3, 2022, with a call to 9-1-1. Officers were dispatched to the scene, finding the victim with critical injuries. The report states life-saving measures were attempted, but the victim died at the scene.
Investigators say the crash disabled both the car and pick-up. Witnesses told police the driver of what appears to be a white Ford F-150 got out of the truck and ran away.
Officers quickly secured the area and started looking for the driver of the Ford F-150.
Despite those search efforts, the driver remains unaccounted for. Anyone who has information on the that person’s name, location or this case should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-104677.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio