West Valley shooting kills one, injures another
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police responded to reports of a shooting at around 3 a.m. in West Valley City near 2935 S Whistling Lane.
Lieutenant Steve Beardshall described the site as a “chaotic scene with a large group of witnesses.”
Upon arrival by officers, two victims were located with gunshot wounds. Both victims were transported to a local hospital in critical condition. One of the victims succumbed to his injuries and died at the hospital. The other is stable and making steps towards recovery.
There have been no arrests and no suspects have been identified at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Shots fired around West Valley home being investigated
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- An accidental shooting kills one boy in West Valley City
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers