Utah man from Cache County drowns near Preston, Idaho
PRESTON, Idaho — The Franklin County Idaho Sheriff’s office reports that a 21-year-old male from Cache County, Utah, drowned on Sunday at Foster Reservoir, near Preston, Idaho.
Franklin County officials said that a witness saw an adult male on a small raft in Foster Reservoir and that the raft had tipped over. The raft was about 30 yards off the south shore of the reservoir, according to the witness.
The same witness told officials that they saw the man struggling in the water for a short time, but that he was not seen again.
An initial search by law enforcement personnel was not successful, and emergency personnel, including Franklin County Search and Rescue, were called to the scene.
Franklin County officials said the victim’s body was found around 7:30 p.m., about two hours after the initial call was received.
The victim has not yet been identified.
This story will be updated.
- Red Cross says most Americans are “incompetent” at swimming
- Recent Utah drownings spur safety checks at Willard Bay, other parks
- Missing kayakers rescued from the Great Salt Lake
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City