Grantsville child dies, police investigating suspected child abuse
GCPD said the child died on June 7 at Primary Children’s Hospital “as a result of the sustained injuries.”
The Tooele County Attorney’s Office has filed charges of aggravated murder against Aaron Visser, the father of the 1-year-old.
Police were originally called to Visser’s home on Friday by Visser when the child was unresponsive and not breathing.
The child had multiple visible injuries, according to GCPD. The child was placed on life support but later died due to the injuries.
The GCPD said officers noticed signs of child abuse at the home and added that Primary Children’s Hospital’s Safe and Healthy Families program confirmed the child’s injuries were consistent with abuse.
Police said the investigation remains ongoing.
- UPDATE: Suspect arraigned for reckless endangerment after gunshots fired at Hill Cumorah Visitors’ Center
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- West Valley police searching for suspect in apartment stabbing
- A 21-year-old man formally charged in fatal Ogden shooting