Shooting near Springville Walmart leaves one dead
SPRINGVILLE, Utah – Police responded to reports of shots fired near the Springville Walmart at around 11 p.m. on June 10.
Upon arrival, a subject followed the patrol car in the parking lot and crashed into the back of the officer’s vehicle. When the officer stepped out of the vehicle after the collision, he was confronted by the other driver who threatened him with a knife in hand.
The officer shot the individual, leaving him mortally wounded. Life-saving measures were immediately taken but the man was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The County “Officer Involved Critical Incident” team was called to investigate the incident.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville police and community reel from recent crimes
- Springville experiences fourth death in a week due to gun violence
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court