OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Utah Olympic venues host Olympic and Paralympic Day celebrations
Jun 14, 2022, 6:00 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — The celebration for the Olympic and Paralympic Day will kick off on Friday at the Utah Olympic Oval in Kearns. According to the Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation, the Oval will host a curling exhibition.
The Ukraine curling team and the Oval’s curling league players will compete from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Following, from 7 to 9 p.m. public skating will be offered. Skate admission is $6 and skate rentals are available for $5. After the indoor activities, a free outdoor movie called “D2: The Mighty Ducks” will be screened at 9 p.m. in the Park Pavilion northwest of the Oval.
The celebration will continue on Saturday at Utah Olympic Park in Park City. The Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation said free activities will include a laser biathlon experience, curling experience, and National Abilities Center adaptive activities from 4 to 6 p.m.
Then, an Olympic athlete meet and greet will follow from 5 to 6 p.m.
Furthermore, the park will host the first Flying Ace All-Stars show of the summer at 6:30 p.m.
This show features Team USA Olympians and National Team skiers and snowboarders performing aerial acrobatics as they soar up to 60 feet in the air before landing in the Park’s Spence Eccles Olympic Freestyle Pool. The Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation said special Ukrainian guest athletes will make an appearance as well.
Tickets for the show are $20 per person. Or you can purchase a family pack of four tickets for $70, tickets can be purchased here.
For more information on the Olympic and Paralympic Day click here.
- Figure skating minimum age rises to 17 before 2026 Olympics
- Economic impact of a 2030 Olympics in Utah? Dollars and jobs!
- Beijing’s Olympics close, ending safe global moment
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes