Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
PROVO, Utah — The Provo Police Department is asking for help identifying and locating a suspect involved in a shooting cold case from 2020.
According to a Provo PD press release, the department received reports of a shooting at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo on Aug. 3, 2020.
“Upon investigation, it was found a white or silver older model Subaru sedan pulled up to the MTC entrance,” the press release reads. “A person exited the Subaru and pointed a firearm at the security booth and security officer inside.”
The suspect then fired multiple rounds toward the security officer and booth. They left the scene before police arrived.
The police department is asking anyone with information on this Provo cold case to contact Det. Campbell with the Provo Police Department at RCampbell@provo.org. Additionally, information can be given by calling Provo police at 801-852-6210.
- Provo Veterans Center to be renamed after Col. Gail S. Halvorsen
- Salt Lake City Police announce the closure of a 48-year-old cold case
- Provo fire leaves two animals dead
- Police say new DNA evidence may help solve 2016 cold case murder
- Provo and Orem may combine their 911 dispatch centers
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort