Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
PROVO, Utah — The Provo Police Department is asking for help identifying and locating a suspect involved in a shooting cold case from 2020.
According to a Provo PD press release, the department received reports of a shooting at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo on Aug. 3, 2020.
“Upon investigation, it was found a white or silver older model Subaru sedan pulled up to the MTC entrance,” the press release reads. “A person exited the Subaru and pointed a firearm at the security booth and security officer inside.”
The suspect then fired multiple rounds toward the security officer and booth. They left the scene before police arrived.
The police department is asking anyone with information on this Provo cold case to contact Det. Campbell with the Provo Police Department at RCampbell@provo.org. Additionally, information can be given by calling Provo police at 801-852-6210.
- Provo Veterans Center to be renamed after Col. Gail S. Halvorsen
- Salt Lake City Police announce the closure of a 48-year-old cold case
- Provo fire leaves two animals dead
- Police say new DNA evidence may help solve 2016 cold case murder
- Provo and Orem may combine their 911 dispatch centers
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook