UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — Ahead of the Fourth of July holiday weekend, the Utah Department of Transportation asked travelers to plan for traffic delays.
Delays are expected along the Wasatch Front and Wasatch Back from Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4.
The UDOT said travelers should expect the following on Friday:
- Delays up to 15 minutes from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Northbound I-15 in Salt Lake County,
- delays up to 15 minutes from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Northbound 1-15 in Davis County,
- and delays up to 10 minutes from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Southbound I-15 around Nephi.
Beyond those delays, the UDOT also said travelers going north through Utah County and up to Odgen on Friday could encounter up to 30 minutes of delays.
The UDOT said it would suspend most construction projects and open all lanes in order to help prevent delays. But, some restrictions will remain in some work zones.
Travelers can expect restrictions around the following projects:
- I-84 near Morgan only has one lane open in each direction between exit 106 for Morgan and exit 112 for Henefer. This is in place 24 hours a day.
- I-80 in eastern Salt Lake County has a lane shift between 1300 East and 2300 East.
- I-215 in eastern Salt Lake County has a lane shift between 3300 South and 4500 South.
- I-70 near the I-15 interchange between the Cove Fort exit and I-15 only has one lane open in each direction.
- Eastbound U.S.-40 only has one lane open north of Heber City, near Jordanelle Reservoir. The UDOT said drivers traveling this route should expect delays, especially on Friday afternoon.
More information on UDOT’s construction projects and traffic restrictions can be found on its website.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism