Flash flooding warning issued in Capital Reef Monday afternoon
Jul 18, 2022, 3:41 PM | Updated: Aug 2, 2022, 10:26 am
WAYNE COUNTY, Utah — Capitol Reef National Park Services took to Twitter Monday afternoon to announce a flash flood warning in Capitol Gorge, Pleasant Creek, and Burro Wash.
A flash flood warning is in effect until 4:00 pm today for the area including Capitol Gorge, Pleasant Creek, and Burro Wash.
The Scenic Drive is closed south of the junction with the Grand Wash Road. Capitol Gorge Road and Pleasant Creek Road are closed until further notice.
— Capitol Reef NPS (@CapitolReefNPS) July 18, 2022
According to Park Services, a few areas have been closed due to the warning. The areas listed below are currently closed:
- Capitol Reef’s Scenic Drive is closed south of the junction with the Grand Wash Road.
- Capitol Gorge Road is closed until further notice.
- Pleasant Creek Road is closed until further notice.
According to Capital Reef National Park Services, the flash flood warning is in effect until 4:00 p.m..
- National Weather Service warns of flash flood risk for southern Utah
- Be ready for flash flooding: Expert shares advice
- Strong winds cause power outages around Utah
- Uintah county issues wind advisory Sunday and wind warning Monday