Grantsville teen CJ Haynie takes plea deal in murder of his mom, siblings
SALT LAKE CITY — A Grantsville teenager pleaded guilty to killing his mother and three siblings back in 2020.
CJ Haynie was 16 years old at the time of the murders. He was in court for the first time back in 2020. Haynie turned 19 this month, and was charged as an adult with four counts of aggravated murder.
A plea deal has reportedly been in the works for over a year now. The judge told Haynie because of the guilty plea, his mandatory minimum sentence is between 25 years and life for each count.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Business owners in Tooele raise money for family affected by Grantsville killings
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Surviving, grieving father speaks ahead of Grantsville family funeral
- Lawyer: Family slaughter ‘almost unbearable’ for Utah father
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism