Training Table restaurant chain teases comeback
Jul 21, 2022, 11:30 AM | Updated: Aug 2, 2022, 10:24 am
(Jeffrey D. Allred/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Training Table, a Utah restaurant chain that has been closed for almost six years, has an active website that’s counting down to something.
The restaurant chain closed its locations in 2016. Its standout feature was a landline telephone next to each table, which customers used to order their meals.
Right now the Training Table’s website is plastered with a cryptic message saying “Tasty things coming soon”.
Just below that message is a countdown clock. As of Thursday, the clock was counting down from 78 days.
Finishing off the vague messaging is a photo of the restaurant’s famous cheese fries.
The Training Table’s official Facebook page had sat dormant since a farewell post in December of 2016. But on Wednesday, the page posted for the first time in almost six years.
The post reads, “We’re still a family-owned business and still very much ‘A Utah Original’! Stay hungry and stay tuned.”
There hasn’t been any official confirmation that the chain is returning to the state, but the website’s countdown and a new Facebook post might indicate things to come.
Samantha Herrera contributed to the reporting of this story.
Related: SLCPD says to plan ahead for Days of ’47 Parade and marathon closures
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Sandy police and fire respond to near drowning of infant
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves