Police looking for driver that caused hit and run, gas leak on Redwood Road
SALT LAKE CITY – The Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD) is looking for the driver of a hit and run this morning near 2050 South Redwood Road. The suspect ran their truck into a building and a gas meter, causing a gas leak in the area. Officers secured the area immediately.
Witnesses last saw the driver fleeing the scene on a bicycle. As Salt Lake Fire Department and Dominion Energy responded to the gas leak, Gold Cross took the passenger to the hospital with minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Anyone with information can contact SLCPD at 801-799-3000 and reference case #22-152080.
- New police substation opening near Smith’s Ballpark
- Salt Lake shooting suspect under arrest after shots fired at Gateway Inn
- Crowd lifts car from person hit by speeding driver in West Valley City
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia