EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Davis School District welcomes hundreds of new educators this week
Aug 9, 2022, 6:00 AM | Updated: 6:03 am
FARMINGTON, Utah — The Davis School District will welcome roughly 300 new educators this week to their first year of teaching.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, all new teachers will be honored and recognized ahead of the district’s New Education Orientation at Farmington High School.
According to a news release from the district, the first year in education can often be the hardest for teachers. As such, the district will hold a welcoming event, which was created to give teachers a strong start and support as they get ready for the upcoming school year.
“After a celebratory welcome at the south entrance of FHS, new teachers will engage in a keynote followed by sessions designed to both inform and inspire,” said Davis School District Elementary Mentor Supervisor Allison Riddle, in a news release.
- Davis School District selects new assistant superintendent
- Davis School District approves teacher compensation package
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- The record-breaking heat of summer 2022 unlikely to repeat in Utah this year