SALT LAKE CITY
Famous Dave’s sticks to its roots in a fast-casual environment
SALT LAKE CITY — Famous Dave’s made it a point to remain true to their BBQ roots when they opened their first ever Quick ‘Que location in the nation, right here in South Salt Lake. They’ve converted what was once a KFC into a quick and convenient remix of their dine-in locations.
“We didn’t change our recipes, or our cooking procedures,” said Elaina Morris, president and CEO of Ascend Hospitality Group, in an email to KSL NewsRadio. “As those are tried and true to Famous Dave’s.”
But there are a few differences. The new South Salt Lake Quick ‘Que location uses a more efficient smoker than the sit-down restaurants in Layton and West Jordan. By doing so, Quick ‘Que hopes to fill the need for quick and convenient BBQ.
Other differences include a drive-thru window and a value menu coming in the fall.
“We are also simultaneously committed to remaining true to the roots of the Famous Dave’s brand, through serving meats smoked low and slow in a fast-casual environment for our dine-in guest,” said Morris.
- Training Table restaurant chain teases comeback
- Inflation is latest challenge South Salt Lake restaurant taking in stride.
- Study finds Japanese is most popular takeout in Utah
The story has been edited to reflect that this location of Dave’s quick Q is the first in the United States.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash