Famous Dave’s sticks to its roots in a fast-casual environment
SALT LAKE CITY — Famous Dave’s made it a point to remain true to their BBQ roots when they opened their first ever Quick ‘Que location in the nation, right here in South Salt Lake. They’ve converted what was once a KFC into a quick and convenient remix of their dine-in locations.
“We didn’t change our recipes, or our cooking procedures,” said Elaina Morris, president and CEO of Ascend Hospitality Group, in an email to KSL NewsRadio. “As those are tried and true to Famous Dave’s.”
But there are a few differences. The new South Salt Lake Quick ‘Que location uses a more efficient smoker than the sit-down restaurants in Layton and West Jordan. By doing so, Quick ‘Que hopes to fill the need for quick and convenient BBQ.
Other differences include a drive-thru window and a value menu coming in the fall.
“We are also simultaneously committed to remaining true to the roots of the Famous Dave’s brand, through serving meats smoked low and slow in a fast-casual environment for our dine-in guest,” said Morris.
- Training Table restaurant chain teases comeback
- Inflation is latest challenge South Salt Lake restaurant taking in stride.
- Study finds Japanese is most popular takeout in Utah
The story has been edited to reflect that this location of Dave’s quick Q is the first in the United States.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- The countdown is over… what does Training Table have cooking up?
- Million dollar traffic stop in St. George
- 5-year-old hit while riding bike on path to recovery, gets a special visitor
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Uvalde schools suspend entire police force after outrage
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified