Voluntary recall affects popular brands, Oatly, Premier Protein, Ensure
Editor’s note: The photo on this article has been updated to reflect clarity in the affected products.
Food manufacturer Lyons Magnus expanded its voluntary recall to include more brands and lot dates on Wednesday. The updated list of recalled products includes the Oatly, Premier and Ensure brands.
The recall comes as a precaution following concerns of bacterial contamination. The company said the products did not meet sterility specifications.
Lyons Magnus said bacteria has not been found in any products, but warned consumers not to ingest any recalled product even if it looks and smells normal.
The bacteria that prompted the recall are Cronobacter sakazakii and Clostridium botulinum.
The company said infection from the Cronobacter sakazakii is rare, but advised that the most common symptoms of an infection are fever, vomiting and UTI.
Lyons Magnus said the second bacterium, Clostridium botulinum, can cause severe food poisoning. Symptoms included slurred speech, muscle weakness and respiratory paralysis that can lead to death without intervention.
If you have a recalled product should get rid of it or return it to the store they bought it for a refund. Anyone with questions can call 1-800-627-0557, or visit the Lyons Magnus website.
The company provided a list of recalled products, lot dates and “best by” dates in a press release.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors