Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Police have confirmed that two people are dead following an early morning shooting. Both victims were found in the area of 3600 W. and 4600 S.
Sgt. Jake Hill with the Taylorsville Police Department said officers responded to reports of shots fired around 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Officers found a woman, between 30 and 40 years old, dead on the sidewalk in front of a gas station.
Hill said police also received a call about a vehicle that had had its back window shot out.
About 30 minutes later, while canvassing the scene, police found a dead 30-year-old about a block away from the woman’s body.
Hill said police do not suspect gang involvement and no outstanding suspects.
Taylorsville Police said it believes the man and the woman were the only people involved in the shooting.
Police are still working to identify the two people found at the scene and whether or not they knew each other.
Hill also said to expect road closures in the area for the next few hours.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to clarify the location of the scene. The scene is on the border of Taylorsville and West Valley but is on the Taylorsville side.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia