Man evaluated after motorhome destroyed, arson investigation continues
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man has been hospitalized and an arson investigation by Salt Lake City police continues after a motorhome was found burning late Thursday morning.
Salt Lake City Police along with social workers from the SLCPD Crisis Intervention Team, were called to a home near 6050 W. and 700 S. A woman at that address had called police about a person in crisis.
While at the home police said they saw smoke in the distance. They were told by the woman that the person in crisis had set his motorhome on fire.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department was called to assist and upon arrival, they extinguished the fire.
When police arrived at the fire scene, they tried to speak to a man who was pedaling a bicycle away from the burning motorhome. They said he did not respond to their questions, and after following him to a business at 5600 W. and 300 S. the man on the bicycle was taken by ambulance to a hospital for evaluation.
Police reported that there were no injuries. The man who was arrested has not yet been identified.
An arson investigation of the motorhome by the Salt Lake City Fire Department continues.
- Lawmakers pursue mental health support for first responders
- Third motorhome fire in four days set two RVs ablaze
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Mental health services expanding for children (and parents) in Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation