Utah Debate Commission announces dates for general election debates
SALT LAKE CITY — Following an announcement Wednesday evening, from Sen. Mike Lee’s campaign that Lee will debate challenger Evan McMullin in Utah’s U.S. Senate race, the Utah Debate Commission announced the date for it.
— Lindsay Aerts (@LindsayOnAir) September 1, 2022
Lee and McMullin will debate Oct. 17 at Utah Valley University at 6 p.m.
The Utah Debate Commission will also host debates for Utah’s four congressional races, leading into the general election on Nov. 8.
The dates and locations of the congressional debates are as follows:
- Oct. 6: U.S. House of Representatives District 3 at Brigham Young University, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 10: U.S. House of Representatives District 1 at Weber State University, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 12: U.S. House of Representatives District 4 at University of Utah, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 14: U.S. House of Representatives District 2 at Southern Utah University, 6 p.m.
The commission says these debates will be broadcast on several local broadcast television and radio stations, and streamed live from multiple locations.
- Utah Republican Party plans to hold its own debates, Senator Mike Lee will be there
- Sen. Lee will only participate in Utah GOP-run primary debates
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia