Utah youth to hold funeral style demonstration for Great Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY – Young Utahns with the Utah Youth Environmental Solutions Network plan to gather at the Great Salt Lake, on Sept. 3, to hold a “funeral-style” demonstration. The group plans to stage a “die-in,” they also plan to educate attendees about the lake and call for action.
The gathering will begin at 11 a.m. at the Great Saltair. Attendees will meet in the parking lot and march onto the lake bed for the demonstration.
- Boat ramp at Great Salt Lake State Park closed due to low water levels
- Gov. Cox feels optimistic about the future of The Great Salt Lake, air quality and job growth
- Cloud seeding: a potential save for the Great Salt Lake
- Can curbing Utah’s population growth address drought, Great Salt Lake?
- Your Diet Coke can could be in jeopardy if the Great Salt Lake dries up
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead