Utah youth to hold funeral style demonstration for Great Salt Lake
Sep 2, 2022, 1:30 PM
(Laura Seitz, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY – Young Utahns with the Utah Youth Environmental Solutions Network plan to gather at the Great Salt Lake, on Sept. 3, to hold a “funeral-style” demonstration. The group plans to stage a “die-in,” they also plan to educate attendees about the lake and call for action.
The gathering will begin at 11 a.m. at the Great Saltair. Attendees will meet in the parking lot and march onto the lake bed for the demonstration.
Following the lake hitting historic low levels, the group said in a press release they are worried about the impact on wildlife populations and toxic dust storms.
- Boat ramp at Great Salt Lake State Park closed due to low water levels
- Gov. Cox feels optimistic about the future of The Great Salt Lake, air quality and job growth
- Cloud seeding: a potential save for the Great Salt Lake
- Can curbing Utah’s population growth address drought, Great Salt Lake?
- Your Diet Coke can could be in jeopardy if the Great Salt Lake dries up
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade