Accident in Tremonton claims one life, injures six others
TREMONTON, Utah — An accident involving a semi-truck claimed the life of a woman in her 20s and injured four children and two other adults in Tremonton on Tuesday.
Sgt. Cameron Roden of the Utah Highway Patrol said the accident happened on NB I-15 at the Tremonton exit 377 at about 5:30 p.m.
Roden said the UHP got a call about a reckless vehicle going very slowly on the freeway. Troopers made contact with the driver off the freeway, but the driver then got back on I-15 and started driving recklessly again, according to Sgt. Roden.
The car was hit from behind by a semi-truck. Troopers believe the car was partially on and off the road at the time it was hit. Upon impact, it rolled off to the right.
Roden said a passenger of the car, a woman believed to be about 27, was ejected and “sustained serious injuries on scene after being ejected and was transported to the hospital and later died at the hospital.”
A 3-year-old was also ejected and transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Roden said there were five people in the car aside from the woman and the 3-year-old; an adult man who was driving and three other children who were passengers. The man and three other children all suffered minor injuries from the crash.
The semi-truck driver also had minor injuries.
Roden said an investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Coronavirus Prevention