CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Accident in Tremonton claims one life, injures six others
Sep 7, 2022, 9:00 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:27 am
(Utah Department of Public Safety)
TREMONTON, Utah — An accident involving a semi-truck claimed the life of a woman in her 20s and injured four children and two other adults in Tremonton on Tuesday.
Sgt. Cameron Roden of the Utah Highway Patrol said the accident happened on NB I-15 at the Tremonton exit 377 at about 5:30 p.m.
Roden said the UHP got a call about a reckless vehicle going very slowly on the freeway. Troopers made contact with the driver off the freeway, but the driver then got back on I-15 and started driving recklessly again, according to Sgt. Roden.
The car was hit from behind by a semi-truck. Troopers believe the car was partially on and off the road at the time it was hit. Upon impact, it rolled off to the right.
Roden said a passenger of the car, a woman believed to be about 27, was ejected and “sustained serious injuries on scene after being ejected and was transported to the hospital and later died at the hospital.”
A 3-year-old was also ejected and transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Roden said there were five people in the car aside from the woman and the 3-year-old; an adult man who was driving and three other children who were passengers. The man and three other children all suffered minor injuries from the crash.
The semi-truck driver also had minor injuries.
Roden said an investigation into the crash is ongoing.
- SLCPD make third arrest in connection to fatal weekend shooting
- Murray Police investigating man suspected of trying to lure children into his car
- 1-year-old dies after father intentionally left him in hot car, police say
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths