Fire crews respond to house fire in Layton
LAYTON, Utah — Fire crews in Layton responded to a house fire Monday evening.
Fire crews responded to a 2107 Kays Creek Drive early Monday evening for a report of basement fire.
Working fire. Traffic restrictions on Kays Creek Dr near Oak ln. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/qErPGRMkoo
— LaytonFire (@Layton_Fire) September 13, 2022
According to Jason Cook, with the Layton Fire Department, the fire happened just before 6 p.m. Cook says the homeowner saw some coming from the basement. So, she and two other adults evacuated the home.
The homeowner reported to dispatch that her basement was on fire. Cook says there is significant smoke damage to the home. Additionally, he says the fire was mostly contained to the basement. It did extend to the second floor, according to Cook, but there wasn’t much damage.
The family was displaced as a result of the fire, according to a social media post by the Layton Fire Department. Traffic in the area was disrupted for a time, but the restrictions have since been lifted.
The investigation into the cause of the Layton structure fire is ongoing.
No other information is available.
- No injuries reported in “stubborn” house fire in Layton
- Fire crews safely rescue woman from house fire in Cottonwood Heights
- Unified Fire responds to Taylorsville house fire, blaze limited to one room
- Family displaced following a house fire in Salt Lake City
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested