CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Couple stabbed in Taylorsville home, 15-year-old suspect caught
Sep 20, 2022, 8:50 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:25 am
(Derek Petersen, KSL TV)
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A couple was stabbed in their home early Tuesday morning. The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, is in custody.
Taylorsville Police said the attack happened around 3:30 a.m. in the victims’ Taylorsville home.
Sgt. Orin Neal with Taylorsville Police said a neighbor came to the victims’ aid.
“The female victim was able to get out of the house and contacted one of her neighbors who rendered aid immediately before we even got here,” Neal said.
Both victims were taken to the hospital for treatment.
Neal said police caught the suspect at a nearby construction site earlier this morning. Police believe the attack was random and said the 15-year-old had no connection to the victims.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Related: WVC Police say man was run over by own vehicle as it was being stolen
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows