Couple stabbed in Taylorsville home, 15-year-old suspect caught
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A couple was stabbed in their home early Tuesday morning. The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, is in custody.
Taylorsville Police said the attack happened around 3:30 a.m. in the victims’ Taylorsville home.
Sgt. Orin Neal with Taylorsville Police said a neighbor came to the victims’ aid.
“The female victim was able to get out of the house and contacted one of her neighbors who rendered aid immediately before we even got here,” Neal said.
Both victims were taken to the hospital for treatment.
Neal said police caught the suspect at a nearby construction site earlier this morning. Police believe the attack was random and said the 15-year-old had no connection to the victims.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia