Fatal crash in Logan closes US-89/91
LOGAN, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol confirmed that a road closure of US-89/91 was caused by a fatal crash involving at least six cars.
The crash blocked all lanes of the highway going both directions around 3700 S, between Wellsville and Logan.
The UHP said one person involved in the crash has died, while another is in critical condition.
The UHP estimates US-89/91 will be closed for two to three hours as the crash is investigated and cleared.
Drivers are advised to avoid the highway and use alternate routes like SR-23 N to SR-30 E to Logan or SR-101 E to SR-165 N to Logan.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia