Fatal crash in Logan closes US-89/91
Sep 22, 2022, 8:33 AM | Updated: 2:43 pm
(Utah Department of Public Safety)
LOGAN, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol confirmed that a road closure of US-89/91 was caused by a fatal crash involving at least six cars.
The crash blocked all lanes of the highway going both directions around 3700 S, between Wellsville and Logan.
The UHP said one person involved in the crash has died, while another is in critical condition.
The UHP estimates US-89/91 will be closed for two to three hours as the crash is investigated and cleared.
Drivers are advised to avoid the highway and use alternate routes like SR-23 N to SR-30 E to Logan or SR-101 E to SR-165 N to Logan.
Related: Woman injured after being struck by TRAX train
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything