CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested for allegedly shooting gun near minors following altercation
Sep 22, 2022, 2:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:25 am
(Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police Department officers arrested 21-year-old Siupapa Muliaga after he allegedly shot a handgun near three minors during a fight early this morning. Police responded to the scene following a call about shots fired near 1740 West Gertie Avenue.
Police said Muliaga approached the minors and started fighting them. He allegedly punched two of them and fired the gun in their vicinity.
During the investigation, police were able to locate the weapon thought to have been used by Muliaga.
Police took the minors to their homes and released them following the altercation.
Muliaga was taken to Salt Lake County Metro Jail. Police booked him on suspicion of felony discharge of a firearm and misdemeanor discharge of a firearm.
UPDATE: Midvale shooting kills 16-year-old
UPDATE: Two shot, one in custody after shooting at Utah Lake
Investigation underway after shooting in Roy
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Could a La Nina winter help drought in Utah?