CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
MAGNA, Utah — In a report from Raymond John Wilhelm with West Valley Police, he said Dale Anderson was under investigation for inappropriately touching multiple family members. Anderson was a first-grade teacher at Elk Run Elementary.
Anderson was arrested the morning of Sept. 24, 2022, by West Valley Police on felony child sexual abuse charges.
The investigation began when allegations of the 70-year-old inappropriately touching a young relative were made. Wilhelm’s report says that the victim’s mother said her sister witnessed Anderson touch the relative.
The report further says that Anderson admitted to a family member about his fantasies surrounding children, “…that he had fantasies about children he teaches but has not acted on them.”
Lisa Wells, Principal at Elk Run Elementary sent the following statement:
“Dear Elk Run Parents and Families,
We were recently notified and wanted to alert you regarding some disturbing information from the West Valley Police Department, wherein our 1st grade teacher, Mr. Andreason was arrested this morning on some very serious charges involving inappropriate contact with a minor. We are still gathering information on this matter, but we were notified several days ago that an investigation was ensuing and he was placed on leave at that time. It is believed that the suspected illegal behavior is limited to family members.
Student safety is our primary concern and we take these charges very seriously. We have received no indication from WVCPD that our students were involved. However, if you have further information or concerns, we encourage you to contact the WVCPD. They can be reached at 801-963-3300.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries