First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
MAGNA, Utah — In a report from Raymond John Wilhelm with West Valley Police, he said Dale Anderson was under investigation for inappropriately touching multiple family members. Anderson was a first-grade teacher at Elk Run Elementary.
Anderson was arrested the morning of Sept. 24, 2022, by West Valley Police on felony child sexual abuse charges.
The investigation began when allegations of the 70-year-old inappropriately touching a young relative were made. Wilhelm’s report says that the victim’s mother said her sister witnessed Anderson touch the relative.
The report further says that Anderson admitted to a family member about his fantasies surrounding children, “…that he had fantasies about children he teaches but has not acted on them.”
Lisa Wells, Principal at Elk Run Elementary sent the following statement:
“Dear Elk Run Parents and Families,
We were recently notified and wanted to alert you regarding some disturbing information from the West Valley Police Department, wherein our 1st grade teacher, Mr. Andreason was arrested this morning on some very serious charges involving inappropriate contact with a minor. We are still gathering information on this matter, but we were notified several days ago that an investigation was ensuing and he was placed on leave at that time. It is believed that the suspected illegal behavior is limited to family members.
Student safety is our primary concern and we take these charges very seriously. We have received no indication from WVCPD that our students were involved. However, if you have further information or concerns, we encourage you to contact the WVCPD. They can be reached at 801-963-3300.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71