Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — One person is dead and another injured following a car accident near Strawberry Reservoir Monday. SR-40 is currently closed in both directions at milepost 40.
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) September 26, 2022
Cam Roden with Utah Highway Patrol says a car was turning from the Strawberry Reservoir Marina, westbound onto SR-40 when it was T-boned by a semi-truck traveling eastbound.
The crash killed a female driving the car and injured a male passenger who was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition. The driver of the semi-truck is uninjured.
Both directions of the highway will be closed for two to three hours, according to Roden. Drivers are advised to use an alternate route.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Park City man talks about watching Chinese balloon being shot down over his head in South Carolina
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Thousands of dead birds are washing ashore at the Great Salt Lake
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS