Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
TOOELE, Utah — A search by authorities for a wanted fugitive in Tooele County on Thursday afternoon came up unsuccessful.
According to Kaitlin Felsted, of the Utah Department of Corrections, the department had received a tip on the location of a wanted fugitive. It was indicated that the fugitive was somewhere on Churchwood Drive in Pine Canyon in Tooele Canyon.
Felsted told KSL that law enforcement from the Tooele Police Department, the Tooele County Sheriff’s Office and Adult Probation and Parole agents working within the Utah Department of Corrections, conducted a search on a home in the area at around 2 p.m. However, they were unable to locate the wanted fugitive.
The suspect in question is William Ybarra. He is wanted for allegedly fleeing and possession of a weapon by a restricted person.
Felsted says Ybarra has been a fugitive since February.
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Tooele man in custody after allegedly shooting his wife
- One person in custody after brief police standoff in Tooele County
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success