CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man believed to have killed father-in-law in Uintah County
Oct 13, 2022, 4:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:24 am
MAESER, Utah — The Uintah County Sheriff’s Office said that two men had died following a shooting in Maeser Thursday morning. Police said there is no danger to the public following the incident.
The UCSO said it responded to a reported shooting around 8:00 in the Sun Ridge subdivision of Maeser.
The USCO said both were transported to the hospital in “extremely critical condition” before eventually dying from their injuries.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident but believe that the younger of the two men, a 51-year-old, killed his 77-year-old father-in-law.
Related: Church announces hack affecting community members’ personal data
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Median price of a home declined for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah?
- Utah man recovering from shark bite while swimming in Hawaii
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant
- Murdered man’s family, friends worry suspected killer was let off too easy for other crimes