Lehi Fire Truck collision ends in fatal accident
LEHI, Utah — A Lehi Fire Truck traveling westbound on SR-92 collided with a Chevy Spark traveling southbound from the I-15 off-ramp on October 21, around 12:37 p.m.
The Utah Department of Public Safety said in a release the collision occurred on SR-92 at the intersection of the I-15 interchange.
According to the release, the fire truck was flashing lights and sirens to call for service. However, as the truck approached an intersection, with the I-15 southbound off-ramp lanes, a t-bone-style crash occurred with the Chevy.
The driver of the Chevy Spark, a 20-year-old female, sustained fatal injuries from the crash. She was the sole occupant of the vehicle and died on the scene.
The firefighters sustained minor injuries.
Eastbound traffic remained open, however, westbound traffic was closed for around 4 1/2 hours.
Furthermore, conditions that may have caused the crash are being investigated.
In a statement from Lehi City, it said the fire truck was responding to a commercial fire alarm call at the time of the crash. Also, it said the Utah Highway Patrol is overseeing the investigation. Therefore, any questions pertaining to the investigation should be directed to the UHP’s PIO.
“Our hearts go out to all involved and affected by this tragic accident,” read the statement.
For any questions regarding the Lehi Fire Truck or firefighters driving it, contact Lehi City PIO.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes