Make-A-Wish Utah hosts trick-or-treat event for wish children
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Make-A-Wish Utah is hosting a Disney-themed drive-thru trick-or-treat event that will take place at the Maverik Center on October 25.
From 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Make-A-Wish children and their families can collect candy from their vehicles at eighteen different stations.
Staff and volunteers are encouraged to dress as their favorite Disney movie character, said a release from MAWU. Also, the release notes that those handing out candy will wear face masks. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
The candy, over 2,000 pounds, comes from community members and Harmons donations throughout the valley.
About Make-A-Wish Utah
MAWU, located in Murray, creates wishes for children with critical illnesses. According to the MAWU webpage, wishes can create strength and hope and transform a community. Founded in 1985, the chapter has granted over 3,000 wishes for Utah families.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Support for marijuana initiative may go up in smoke
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship