CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested after allegedly breaking window on TRAX train with a rock
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 28-year-old man is in custody Thursday after allegedly throwing a rock at a TRAX train and breaking a window.
According to Utah Transit Authority spokesman Carl Arky, the incident happened at the Bingham Junction station around 8 a.m. Arky says the man approached a train that was pulling out. He grew frustrated and threw a rock at the train breaking the window.
The man then boarded a bus at 70th South and Redwood Road. A short time later, UTA police made contact with the suspect, which included a background check.
During the background check, police discovered the suspect had a state felony charge against him for making terrorist threats.
Arky says as the man was being questioned, he attempted to flee on foot. Additionally, he says the suspect saw a fuel truck delivering fuel to a gas station. He reportedly jumped into the cab and tried to operate it. He was unable to operate the truck, so he fled on foot.
Eventually, the suspect was arrested in an apartment complex in West Jordan. according to Arky, the suspect was taken into custody about a block north of where the incident began.
“He didn’t get very far from where the whole thing started,” Arky said.
Arky says the suspect is facing three possible charges. West Jordan police assisted UTA police in taking the suspect into custody.
- Man arrested for assault after threatening a Utah Transit Authority worker
- Pedestrian injured after being struck by car that had just hit a TRAX train
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Xylazine is in Utah, and is a significant threat says the DEA
- Major winter storm predicted by National Weather Service
- Tabernacle Choir joined by international singers this Conference weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Swiping left on danger: Combating dating app violence in Utah
- Emergency prep: Preparing for the unexpected and learning to prep
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints