Mirror Lake Highway closes for the season
Nov 8, 2022, 5:00 PM
(Eric Betts/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation announced Monday that Mirror Lake Highway, S.R. 150, was closed for the season. The highway joins three other seasonal roads in being closed down for the winter.
The seasonal closure will likely last until May, according to UDOT.
The highway is known for getting buried under feet of snow and it could start piling up as soon as this afternoon.
UDOT closed Alpine Loop, S.R. 92, and Guardsman Pass, S.R. 190, earlier this month.
Related: Fourth graders get free permit to cut Christmas trees this year
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- 6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases