Utah Jazz and Mark Miller Subaru donate 30 thousand dollars to West Lake STEM lab
WEST VALLEY, Utah — Through Adopt-A-School, the Utah Jazz and Mark Miller Subaru have donated nearly $30,000 to renovate the West Lake STEM Junior High computer language lab.
The unveiling of the lab is on Nov. 11 at 10:45 a.m., following a school assembly will take place said a release from the Jazz.
“Mark Miller Subaru is proud of our long-time partnership with the Utah Jazz and are truly honored to be standing alongside them in making this meaningful financial contribution to West Lake Jr. High School,” said Jeff Miller, owner of Mark Miller Subaru.
Twenty-five different languages are spoken among the Multi-Language Learner students at West Lake STEM. Therefore, both organizations purchased the Renaissance 2.0 Language Lab System for the computer language lab.
Furthermore, the new lab includes 36 stations for students.
“It is our hope that this investment for advanced classroom technology will help English Language Learners at West Lake Junior High while simultaneously connecting students from various backgrounds and cultures to one another in both a powerful and life-changing manner,” said Miller.
In addition to this project, three more will take place during the 2022-23 Jazz season at the school.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years