EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Utah Jazz and Mark Miller Subaru donate 30 thousand dollars to West Lake STEM lab
Nov 8, 2022, 5:30 PM | Updated: Dec 6, 2022, 9:28 pm
(Mengshin Lin, Deseret News)
WEST VALLEY, Utah — Through Adopt-A-School, the Utah Jazz and Mark Miller Subaru have donated nearly $30,000 to renovate the West Lake STEM Junior High computer language lab.
The unveiling of the lab is on Nov. 11 at 10:45 a.m., following a school assembly will take place said a release from the Jazz.
“Mark Miller Subaru is proud of our long-time partnership with the Utah Jazz and are truly honored to be standing alongside them in making this meaningful financial contribution to West Lake Jr. High School,” said Jeff Miller, owner of Mark Miller Subaru.
Twenty-five different languages are spoken among the Multi-Language Learner students at West Lake STEM. Therefore, both organizations purchased the Renaissance 2.0 Language Lab System for the computer language lab.
Furthermore, the new lab includes 36 stations for students.
“It is our hope that this investment for advanced classroom technology will help English Language Learners at West Lake Junior High while simultaneously connecting students from various backgrounds and cultures to one another in both a powerful and life-changing manner,” said Miller.
In addition to this project, three more will take place during the 2022-23 Jazz season at the school.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows