At least 147,000 ballots left to be counted in Salt Lake County election
SALT LAKE CITY — Almost 150 thousand ballots have yet to be counted in the Salt Lake County election with some races still close and candidates separated by only a few hundred votes.
Utah House of Representatives
House District 26
West Magna and West Valley make up House District 26. Republican Quinn Kotter faces Democratic incumbent Rep. Elizabeth Weight, who was previously elected to represent House District 31.
At the time of publication, Kotter had 52.29% of the popular vote while Weight had 47.71%. Kotter led by 259 votes.
House District 27
House District 27 is in southwest Magna. Democratic incumbent Rep. Clare Collard, who currently represents House District 22, faces Republican challenger Anthony Loubet.
At the time of publication, Collard had 48.19% of the popular vote while Loubet had 51.87%. Loubet led by 200 votes.
These are the close Salt Lake County races I’m watching when more results come in from @VoteSLCo Thursday. We saw a small dump just now. In red is how the votes changed. @kslnewsradio #utpol pic.twitter.com/aqdjFGbl9h
— Lindsay Aerts (@LindsayOnAir) November 10, 2022
House District 35 – Salt Lake County
In Murray, Republican Belinda Johnson faces Democratic incumbent Rep. Mark Wheatley, who has served House District 25 since 2005.
At the time of publication, Johnson had 47.07% of the popular vote while Wheatley had 52.93%. Wheatley led by 472 votes.
Salt Lake County Council election
For the Salt Lake County Council At-Large seat, Democratic Challenger Rep. Suzanne Harrison faces Republican incumbent Richard Snelgrove.
At the time of publication, Harrison had 53.62% of the popular vote while Snelgrove had 46.38%. Harrison led by 16,115 votes.
Another round of results from the county will come at 5 p.m.
- Orem mayor feeling positive despite failure of Proposition 2
- Female governors will break a record in 2023
- How the Georgia Senate runoff will work
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes