SeatGeek becomes ticket provider for Vivint Arena, Utah Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz and Vivint Arena announced Thursday a change in their ticket provider to SeatGeek.
SeatGeek, a technology platform, will oversee the tickets to all Jazz home games. It will also be the ticket provider for all other events at Vivint Area, such as concerts and shows. The change goes into effect on Oct. 1, 2023.
“Utah is quickly becoming a major global hub for sports, technology and culture. And the Jazz exemplify the best in innovation, teamwork and grit,” said Jack Groetzinger, CEO and co-founder of SeatGeek in a news release. “We’re proud to partner with a world-class organization like the Jazz that challenges the status quo of what ticketing can be to grow, engage and meet the demands of today’s fans.”
In addition to the Jazz, SeatGeek is also the ticket provider for three other NBA teams. Those teams are the Brooklyn Nets, Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Pelicans.
SeatGeek provides individuals with a vertically integrated ticketing platform. It allows users to search for, buy and sell tickets. Tickets can be scanned directly from a user’s phone at Vivint Arena.
“The Utah Jazz have been an incredibly important part of my life even as a kid. And now as owner of the team, I want to make sure everything we do is a driving force for change,” said Ryan Smith, founder and executive chairman of Qualtrics and chairman of Smith Entertainment Group (SEG) in a news release.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville