100 Murray kids gifted holiday shopping spree
MURRAY, Utah — Ken Garff employees partnered with Reach Out Today to bring 100 Murray kids on a shopping spree to buy winter clothes Saturday morning. Jazz dancers and some Jazz player’s significant others were also there for the festivities!
In a statement from a press release, Ken Garff employees and Reach Out Today are “passionate about giving back to the community, especially during the holiday season. Partnering together, they want students in Title 1 schools who may feel invisible to be visible and to know that they matter, too, and are not overlooked, even though they may not have money to buy clothes and necessities.”
The kids were taken to the Brickyard Kohl’s at 1154 Brickyard Road in Salt Lake City. Each kid had a list of necessities that their parents sent with them.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for our employees to work together to help students in need of clothes and necessities,” said Emma Checketts, Ken Garff community partnership and events manager. “Our employees love serving our communities, and we’re going to continue the ‘We’re Hear for You’ program to help others.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn