100 Murray kids gifted holiday shopping spree
MURRAY, Utah — Ken Garff employees partnered with Reach Out Today to bring 100 Murray kids on a shopping spree to buy winter clothes Saturday morning. Jazz dancers and some Jazz player’s significant others were also there for the festivities!
In a statement from a press release, Ken Garff employees and Reach Out Today are “passionate about giving back to the community, especially during the holiday season. Partnering together, they want students in Title 1 schools who may feel invisible to be visible and to know that they matter, too, and are not overlooked, even though they may not have money to buy clothes and necessities.”
The kids were taken to the Brickyard Kohl’s at 1154 Brickyard Road in Salt Lake City. Each kid had a list of necessities that their parents sent with them.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for our employees to work together to help students in need of clothes and necessities,” said Emma Checketts, Ken Garff community partnership and events manager. “Our employees love serving our communities, and we’re going to continue the ‘We’re Hear for You’ program to help others.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Support for marijuana initiative may go up in smoke
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- KSL launches COLD podcast season 3: The Search for Sheree Warren