Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges
CLEARFIELD, Utah — The investigation continues on Thursday, November 24, 2022, at a Clearfield home near 750 North 1050 West, where two people were found dead in an attached garage.
Clearfield police tell KSL Newsradio the victims are an 87-year-old man and an 85-year-old woman, elderly parents of a woman who called 9-1-1 on Wednesday at 3:11 p.m.
A press release from the Clearfield Police Department late Wednesday night reports the woman told officers when they arrived on scene that her 26-year-old son was responsible for their deaths.
Chief Kelly Bennett says when officers arrived, they helped escort the woman safely out of the house. According to Bennett, after some coaxing, the 26-year-old son walked out of the house and surrendered without incident.
Police also tell KSL NewsRadio that the suspect and the victims are related, and all lived together in the home.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s