CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
One dead after house fire in Tooele
Nov 29, 2022, 7:00 PM | Updated: Mar 28, 2023, 5:47 pm
(Photo credit: Derek Petersen, KSL TV)
TOOELE, Utah — One woman is dead following a house fire Monday morning in Tooele.
First responders from Tooele were dispatched to a residential fire in the area of 425 W. 500 South around 10:45 a.m.
Once police and fire crews arrived, they learned an adult female was still inside the house, according to Tooele police. Two officers tried to get into the house, but extreme heat and smoke forced them to exit.
After the fire department extinguished the fire, the woman was located inside. The police department said life-saving measures were taken, but they were unsuccessful.
The organizer of a GoFundMe account* said six people were living in the home at the time of the fire, and that they have lost everything.
A GoFundMe account has been created to help support the family that lived in the home. The organizer of the
The female was the only person inside the home. Furthermore, the cause of the fire is still unknown at this time, said Colbey Bentley with the Tooele Police Department.
*KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Trash can on fire at Cottonwood Heights home safely extinguished
- Kaysville house fire started in dryer, emergency officials say
- Barn on turkey farm in Sanpete County destroyed by fire
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced