After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
Dec 4, 2022, 2:00 PM | Updated: Dec 5, 2022, 9:33 am
(Kristin Murphy/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — November 2022 in Utah was colder and wetter than the average from the past 30 years. With temperatures nearly 5 degrees lower and precipitation almost 1.5 times higher, Utahn’s may have wanted a break.
But, that break isn’t here yet. A cold front is on the way, starting in Northern Utah and slowly spreading south. Precipitation, and potentially storm conditions, can be expected down to Salt Lake City.
Central and Southern Utah can expect the cold front to reach them, in a weakened condition, early to mid-day on Tuesday.
“We are expected to stay above freezing for most valley locations,” said Meteorologist Monica Traphagen. “So, there is no need to worry about ice (on the roads).”
A tweet from the National Weather Service shows the forecasted snow in many Western states.
Looking for snow? Look to the west! Heavy mountain snows continue across California today, with lighter, though still significant accumulations likely in the northern Rockies.https://t.co/VyWINDBEpn pic.twitter.com/NXtykN5XwB
— National Weather Service (@NWS) December 4, 2022
Remember to drive safely in harsh weather conditions.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful