St. George home is a total loss after attic fire
Dec 10, 2022, 8:00 PM | Updated: Dec 12, 2022, 8:34 am
(Photo credit: St. George Fire)
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Around 1:45 p.m. today the St. George Fire Department received a call about a house fire. St. George Fire Chief Robert Stoker told KSL NewsRadio the fire was at 1800 South and 2660 East.
Occupants of the home reported a chimney fire and when crews arrived smoke was visible. No one occupied the home at the time of the report.
“When we arrived there was quite a bit of smoke showing from the attic of the home, it’s a single-family, single-level home,” Stocker said.
Firefighters were pulled out of the home after a roof collapse, resulting in a total loss of the house.
The chief said the fire could have been burning in the attic for some time before the residents noticed.
No injuries were reported.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create