Arrests by SLCPD cancel 8-month old Amber Alert
SALT LAKE CITY — A court ruling in April 2022 resulted in Conchita Leona Peralta losing custody of her children. An Amber Alert was also sent in April after Peralta refused to surrender her children.
The children were last seen in Salt Lake City and law enforcement suspected they were taken to South Dakota. The Amber Alert was broadcasted in both states.
On Friday, December 17, police received reports that Peralta and the children had returned to Utah.
The SLCPD’s Special Victims Unit worked with the SLCPD’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Team to locate Peralta and her three children.
Peralta’s partner, Fermin Figueroa-Luque, was also arrested. Both adults were booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on several outstanding warrants.
The children are now safe and in the custody of a responsible party.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- “Major damage to home” after early morning explosion, fire in Lehi
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered