CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Arrests by SLCPD cancel 8-month old Amber Alert
SALT LAKE CITY — A court ruling in April 2022 resulted in Conchita Leona Peralta losing custody of her children. An Amber Alert was also sent in April after Peralta refused to surrender her children.
The children were last seen in Salt Lake City and law enforcement suspected they were taken to South Dakota. The Amber Alert was broadcasted in both states.
On Friday, December 17, police received reports that Peralta and the children had returned to Utah.
The SLCPD’s Special Victims Unit worked with the SLCPD’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Team to locate Peralta and her three children.
Peralta’s partner, Fermin Figueroa-Luque, was also arrested. Both adults were booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on several outstanding warrants.
The children are now safe and in the custody of a responsible party.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present