About a quarter of Utahns delay in buying partner’s Christmas presents
Dec 22, 2022, 5:00 AM | Updated: 5:34 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — One-in-four Utah men admit they wait until Christmas Eve to buy their partner’s presents. Smart coupon, promo codes and deal finder CouponBirds surveyed 3,150 respondents to find that over a quarter of men in Utah, or 26%, wait until Christmas Eve to complete their purchases of gifts for their partners.
Conversely, 24% of women were guilty of doing the same thing, waiting until the last minute.
The survey also found that 54% of us say that the task of buying our partner’s Christmas presents causes anxiety. One-in-three respondents admit they have secretly re-sold or re-gifted a present their partner gave them for Christmas.
Additionally, 24% of couples say they keep a mental note of how much their partner spends on them at Christmas, compared to how much they spent on their partner.
Couples say they spend on average $141 on their partner at Christmas, while a thrifty one-third say they will delay their partner’s Christmas gift shopping until the post-holiday sales start.
Over half of Utahns say they self-gift at Christmas.
Finally, high inflation means 52% say they will be spending less on their partner this Christmas.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful